Tooth Whitening Post-Operative Instructions
Congratulations! You have just completed the tooth whitening procedure and the information below will help you keep your smile white and dazzling!!
- The first 48 hours are crucial to maximize the whitening results from you bleaching procedure.
- Some patients experience sensitivity after bleaching. This sensitivity normally lasts 48 – 72 hours however it is not unusual for it to linger for a week or so. We recommend over the counter pain medications such as Ibuprofen, Tylenol, or Aleve counteract any discomfort you may be having.
- Avoid acidic fruit juices like orange juice until the sensitivity has dissipated.
- Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief or Sensodyne toothpaste is recommended for brushing should you experience sensitivity.
- Chewing “sugarless” gum will help as it will reduce the peroxide levels and help with the sensitivity.
DO NOT CONSUME dark or yellow staining substances such as:
- RED WINE
- DARK COLORED SOFT DRINKS
- RED SAUCES
- SOY SA– USE
- TOBACCO PRODUCTS
Please continue good oral hygiene after your lightening process, this will greatly help you maintain the new color. Whitened teeth will always be lighter than they were prior to the treatment. How long your results will last is variable and greatly depends on your habits. If you have any questions about your treatment please do not hesitate to contact us.